The IT Pro Podcast: IR35 - what happens now?
With the legislation now delayed until next year, where does this leave contractors and their employers?
For many businesses and independent IT professionals, IR35 was set to dominate this year; the expanded tax legislation was going to crack down on the use of limited companies by contractors in order to exploit tax loopholes, while simultaneously forcing organisations to pay the national insurance contributions of many of its temporary freelancers.
The ongoing coronavirus crisis has now kicked those plans into touch, with the enforcement of the new legislation pushed back until next year - but what impact will this delaying have on IT contractors and those that employ them, and how should they be preparing for when it does finally come into force in 2021?
In this week’s episode of the IT Pro Podcast, Adam and guest host Keumars Afifi-Sabet talk to James Poyser, InniAccounts CEO and founder of IR35 comparison site Offpayroll.org.uk, to find out exactly what the changes mean, and how those affected should respond.
- Xerox officially drops hostile bid for HP amid coronavirus crisis
- Zoom’s legal woes continue with class-action lawsuit in California
- Elon Musk's SpaceX bans Zoom over security fears
- Zoom admits meetings don't use end-to-end encryption
- Supreme Court rules Morrisons was not liable for 2014 data breach
- IR35 news: COVID-19 knocks IR35 reforms into 2021
- How to pick the best cloud accounting software
- What is Making Tax Digital and how does it affect your business?
- How to choose the right accounting software for Making Tax Digital
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The case for a marketing content hub
Transform your digital marketing to deliver customer expectationsDownload now
Fast, flexible and compliant e-signatures for global businesses
Be at the forefront of digital transformation with electronic signaturesDownload now
Why CEOS should care about the move to SAP S/4HANA
And how they can accelerate business valueDownload now
IT faces new security challenges in the wake of COVID-19
Beat the crisis by learning how to secure your networkDownload now