The IT Pro Podcast: IR35 - what happens now?
With the legislation now delayed until next year, where does this leave contractors and their employers?
For many businesses and independent IT professionals, IR35 was set to dominate this year; the expanded tax legislation was going to crack down on the use of limited companies by contractors in order to exploit tax loopholes, while simultaneously forcing organisations to pay the national insurance contributions of many of its temporary freelancers.
The ongoing coronavirus crisis has now kicked those plans into touch, with the enforcement of the new legislation pushed back until next year - but what impact will this delaying have on IT contractors and those that employ them, and how should they be preparing for when it does finally come into force in 2021?
In this week’s episode of the IT Pro Podcast, Adam and guest host Keumars Afifi-Sabet talk to James Poyser, InniAccounts CEO and founder of IR35 comparison site Offpayroll.org.uk, to find out exactly what the changes mean, and how those affected should respond.
- Xerox officially drops hostile bid for HP amid coronavirus crisis
- Zoom’s legal woes continue with class-action lawsuit in California
- Elon Musk's SpaceX bans Zoom over security fears
- Zoom admits meetings don't use end-to-end encryption
- Supreme Court rules Morrisons was not liable for 2014 data breach
- IR35 news: COVID-19 knocks IR35 reforms into 2021
- How to pick the best cloud accounting software
- What is Making Tax Digital and how does it affect your business?
- How to choose the right accounting software for Making Tax Digital
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download