The IT Pro Podcast: How do we fix security?
We discuss why firms keep making the same security mistakes with guests Graham Cluley and Stu Peck
Security is a constant consideration that presents issues for businesses but, sometimes, it seems like we've been battling the same problems for years. In the first episode of The IT Pro Podcast, we take a look at why organisations keep making the same mistakes, as well as tackling the role of fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) and discussing the threats posed by the looming skills gap.
Co-hosts Adam and Jane are joined by veteran security journalist and host of the Smashing Security podcast Graham Cluley and Stu Peck, ZeroDayLabs' head of cyber security strategy and co-founder of The Many Hats Club.
We also discuss what Facebook's lawsuit against NSO Group over WhatsApp hacking has to do with 'cyber bombs', what Twitter's decision to ban political advertising means for the social network's reputation, and how the French pre-empted the internet.
- US allies targeted by WhatsApp video hack
- Twitter bans political advertising from its platform
- ARPANET's first transmission is 50, but its influence is still felt today
- An inside job: The human factor of cybersecurity
- Stories from the front line: The secrets of the Red Team revealed
- UK government 'lacks urgency' in tackling cyber security skills gap
- What are the biggest career trends in cyber security?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Preparing for long-term remote working after COVID-19
Learn how to safely and securely enable your remote workforceDownload now
Cloud vs on-premise storage: What’s right for you?
Key considerations driving document storage decisions for businessesDownload now
Staying ahead of the game in the world of data
Create successful marketing campaigns by understanding your customers betterDownload now
Solutions that facilitate work at full speedDownload now