The IT Pro Podcast: Five years of Windows 10
We look back on Microsoft's forever-OS with special guest Darien Graham-Smith
Microsoft still rules the roost when it comes to desktop operating systems, but gone are the days of yearly version updates; the new model is one of constant iteration and (supposed) improvement. In this episode, co-hosts Adam and Jane sit down with PC Pro associate editor Darien Graham-Smith to discuss the ins and outs of Windows 10, including how it relates to its predecessors, the pros and cons of upgrading, and why you need a solid rollout strategy.
Elsewhere, we discuss a cyber security company being hit by an insider attack, Azure's bid to unify the data centre and the evolution of the neighborhood watch.
- Neighbourhood Watch partners with Avast to tackle cyber crime
- Trend Micro insider sells customer data to scammers
- Meet Azure Arc, a Microsoft platform for those that want a bit of everything
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 hands-on review: The best 2-in-1 ever?
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 hands-on review: Powerfully tempting
- What is multi-cloud?
- What is hybrid cloud?
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud what's the difference?
- What to do if you're still running Windows 7
- Time is up for Windows 7: How do you migrate to Windows 10?
- Microsoft gives SMBs reprieve on Windows 7 support
- Windows 10 is finally the world's most popular desktop OS
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now