The IT Pro Podcast: Five years of Windows 10
We look back on Microsoft's forever-OS with special guest Darien Graham-Smith
Microsoft still rules the roost when it comes to desktop operating systems, but gone are the days of yearly version updates; the new model is one of constant iteration and (supposed) improvement. In this episode, co-hosts Adam and Jane sit down with PC Pro associate editor Darien Graham-Smith to discuss the ins and outs of Windows 10, including how it relates to its predecessors, the pros and cons of upgrading, and why you need a solid rollout strategy.
Elsewhere, we discuss a cyber security company being hit by an insider attack, Azure's bid to unify the data centre and the evolution of the neighborhood watch.
- Neighbourhood Watch partners with Avast to tackle cyber crime
- Trend Micro insider sells customer data to scammers
- Meet Azure Arc, a Microsoft platform for those that want a bit of everything
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 hands-on review: The best 2-in-1 ever?
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 hands-on review: Powerfully tempting
- What is multi-cloud?
- What is hybrid cloud?
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud what's the difference?
- What to do if you're still running Windows 7
- Time is up for Windows 7: How do you migrate to Windows 10?
- Microsoft gives SMBs reprieve on Windows 7 support
- Windows 10 is finally the world's most popular desktop OS
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download