The IT Pro Podcast: How upskilling can improve diversity
We explore how to plug your skills gap and address inequalities at the same time
Diversity is a persistent problem within the tech sector, and a lack of diversity leads to less-capable IT teams and lower-quality end results, as well as contributing to a less welcoming atmosphere for minority candidates.
In the latest episode of the IT Pro Podcast, Adam and Jane are joined by CW Jobs director Dominic Harvey to discuss how organisations can improve diversity and plug their skills gaps by upskilling existing employees from other areas of the business.
We also discuss whether or not the DDoS Labour was hit with counts as a hack, the future of Docker after the Mirantis acquisition, and why the Motorola Razr is the original status symbol.
- Labour Party targeted by ‘large scale’ cyber attack
- Apple sales boss claims children using a Chromebook will 'not succeed'
- Mirantis snaps up Docker's enterprise platform
- Motorola gives the iconic Razr a stunning 2019 redesign
- Male attitudes the biggest barrier to women in technology
- Amazon reveals funding scheme to get more women into tech
- Diversity not a company priority claim nearly half of women in tech
- Young women likely to have the coding skills employers want
- Why diversity in AI is critical to building a fairer society
- AI Industry "overwhelmingly" white and male
- Tech Talent Charter: Micro-organisations leading the way for gender diversity
- Why women are better at coding than men
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to be an MSP: Seven steps to success
Building your business from the ground upDownload now
The smart buyer’s guide to flash
Find out whether flash storage is right for your businessDownload now
How MSPs build outperforming sales teams
The definitive guide to salesDownload now
The business guide to ransomware
Everything you need to know to keep your company afloatDownload now