The IT Pro Podcast: Will we ever go back to the office?
Offices will soon be open again - but will anyone actually want to return to them?
After a year of forced remote working, lockdown restrictions are finally starting to ease, and organisations are starting to plan their return to the office. But once physical workspaces reopen, will we even want to go back - or has the last year given us a taste for the benefits of working from home?
In this episode, we speak to IT Pro staff writer Sabina Weston to discuss our experiences of remote working, the impact of generational differences on attitudes to office culture, and whether or not we’re looking forward to being back in the office.
- Coronavirus creates new challenges for women in tech (and every other industry)
- International Women’s Day: Where now for women in tech?
- The benefits of a remote-working model
- UK gov flip-flops on remote work, wants it a standard for all jobs
- Three keys to a long-term remote working strategy
- City firms consider axing office space as remote work continues
- Why can’t tech firms decide on working from home strategies?
- 90% of Brits want to continue working remotely
- The IT Pro Podcast: Staying sane while working from home
- If employees are to work from home then the office network must move with them
- What are employers' responsibilities when we use personal tech to work from home?
- Microsoft research suggests hybrid work is here to stay
- Google warns hybrid working could hinder its 'corporate culture'
- How do IT leaders prepare for a refusal to return to the office?
- Research says 63% of employees are more productive working from home
- Staff will quit if not allowed back into the office, chancellor warns
- Why video conferencing is so tiring and what you can do about it
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Four strategies for building a hybrid workplace that works
All indications are that the future of work is hybrid, if it's not here alreadyFree webinar
The digital marketer’s guide to contextual insights and trends
How to use contextual intelligence to uncover new insights and inform strategiesFree Download
Ransomware and Microsoft 365 for business
What you need to know about reducing ransomware riskFree Download
Building a modern strategy for analytics and machine learning success
Turning into business valueFree Download