The IT Pro Podcast: Do you need a CDO?
As data becomes more important, should you invest in a dedicated position?
Whether it’s the new oil, the new gold, or the new depleted uranium, most businesses agree that data is becoming more and more critical to continued success. Organisations across the world are investing in their data competency, and throughout this process, the office of the CDO has been thrust to the fore.
But what exactly does a CDO do? What impact can they have on business? And how much of a priority should it be for businesses to appoint one? To answer these questions, and more, we talked to Caroline Carruthers, author, data expert and one half of data consultancy Carruthers and Jackson. Caroline is also delivering keynote speech at our upcoming virtual conference, IT Pro Live.
Also in this episode, we discuss Amazon and IBM’s decisions to limit their sale of facial recognition technology to police forces, what IBM’s cloud outage means for smaller companies, and whether a recent healthcare data leak could put an early end to video consultations.
- IBM to kill its own facial recognition technology
- Amazon halts police use of its facial recognition tech
- IBM Cloud suffers major global outage
- Babylon health admits to leak of GP video consultations
- What is big data?
- What is data analytics?
- How data science is transforming business
- The IT Pro Podcast: Bridging the gender data gap
- Using Big Data to transform business processes
- CDO job description: What does a CDO do?
- Need a chief data officer? Maybe you should rent instead of hire
- Panel Profile: Addison Lee CDO Graeme McDermott
- The IT Pro Podcast: How to build a data-driven business
- IT Pro Panel: Building a data-driven business
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Register for IT Pro Live
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download