The IT Pro Podcast: What makes a Silicon Valley CEO? (Part One)
In the first episode of this two-part special, we dig into the shared qualities of good tech leaders
Whatever your thoughts on the products that come out of Silicon Valley, it’s hard to argue with its impact. The region is frequently hailed as a cradle of innovation, and the companies based there regularly set the agenda for the rest of the world’s technological development. But it’s often said a company is nothing without a leader, so what is it that makes the CEOs of these organisations so successful?
In the first episode of this two-part special, we’ll be talking about the qualities that make a good Silicon Valley CEO, looking at some of the best-known figures within its history and digging into what made them unique.
If you want to hear more, tune in next week, where we’ll be examining some of the less positive aspects of Silicon Valley leadership, as well as discussing what the business community can learn from Silicon Valley’s examples – both good and bad.
- What can the rest of the world learn from Silicon Valley?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Is the sun setting on Silicon Valley?
- The softer skills CIOs will need to adopt for the future
- CIO hiring process to focus on emotional intelligence in 2021
- So you want to work for a tech startup? It’s not all ping-pong tables and yoga
- Finding the right co-founder for your tech startup
- The IT Pro Podcast: Going from startup to scale-up
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now