The IT Pro Podcast: What makes a Silicon Valley CEO? (Part Two)
The second episode of our two-part special looks at the darker side of Valley leadership
Silicon Valley’s community of leaders are frequently hailed as visionaries, and while it’s hard to argue with the fact that the innovation’s they’ve produced have changed the world, the qualities that make them so unique aren’t always positive ones.
In the first episode, we examined some of the better aspects of Silicon Valley CEOs, but this week, we take a look at the negative elements of the common Silicon Valley CEO mindset. We also discuss the key learnings that CEOs and business leaders can take away from their Silicon Valley counterparts.
- The IT Pro Podcast: What makes a Silicon Valley CEO? (Part One)
- What can Silicon Valley learn from the rest of the world?
- Silicon Valley’s scandal hunters
- Crab-erization! (Creature Feature)
- Leeds is building a tech hub to rival San Francisco
- Innovation in terrestrial transportation apparatus (AKA reinventing the wheel)
- Bill Gates: I've switched to Android
- The Surface Neo is a tantalising glimpse of what might have been
- RIP Windows Phone: Microsoft ends support for its dying OS
- Google and Alphabet workers agree to unionize
- Google warns hybrid working could hinder its 'corporate culture'
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download