The IT Pro Podcast: Should email be part of your collaboration strategy?
We look at whether email is an outdated relic or a useful tool
Collaboration is one of the key tenets of modern business, but it’s a term that covers a multitude of sins. Five office-based colleagues working on a project via a cloud-based platform is collaboration, but so is two individuals in different locations using a messaging platform. It encompasses basic file sharing, as well as granting partners and contractors limited or temporary access to data.
In this morass, what room is there for existing technology? Does email, the workhorse of business communication, still play a role?
In the latest episode of the IT Pro Podcast, Adam and Jane are joined by Slack head of customer success Chris Mills to discuss the state of collaboration in the workplace.
We also discuss Apple’s £48,000 Mac Pro, the DfT’s big analytics plans for transport data, and the search proclivities of the British public in 2019.
- Google reveals UK’s most searched for terms in 2019
- Apple’s Mac Pro powerhouse available to order in December
- DfT seeks tech partner to help develop transport data mapping tool
- The best email sign-off, and 14 to avoid
- Slack's new integrations signal the end to war on email
- Email isn't dying - it's about to show its true value
- The Dos and Don’ts of collaboration
- The importance of effective collaboration
- Four tips for effective business collaboration
- Collaboration isn’t just about tech
- The role of collaboration in digital transformation
- How CIOs can build effective cross-business collaboration
- IT Pro Panel: Why collaboration platforms are so hard to deploy
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
2021 Thales access management index: Global edition
The challenges of trusted access in a cloud-first worldFree download
Transforming higher education for the digital era
The future is yoursFree download
Building a cloud-native, hybrid-multi cloud infrastructure
Get ready for hybrid-multi cloud databases, AI, and machine learning workloadsFree download
The next biggest shopping destination is the cloud
Know why retail businesses must move to the cloudFree Download