The IT Pro Podcast: What COVID-19 can teach us about open data
Data has been vital in helping to fight the pandemic - but how can we apply this to business?
Data is a vital commodity in modern business, but there’s a growing movement based on openly sharing it for mutual benefit. This trend has neatly intersected with the ongoing coronavirus crisis, in the form of the track and trace efforts which are being used to measure and limit the spread of the virus - but how exactly is open data being used to fight the pandemic, and what lessons can we learn about the use of open data in a business setting?
In this week’s episode, we’re joined by Amanda Brock, CEO of industry body Open UK, to find out more about how open data is contributing to relief efforts, the pitfalls of poorly-planned strategies, and how organisations can collaborate on data initiatives.
- European Commission's new president pledges action on AI
- What is big data analytics?
- What is big data?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Data-driven doggos
- Why transparency is key to promoting trust in artificial intelligence
- What is open source?
- UK gov faces legal action over Test and Trace data retention
- NHS Test and Trace IT blunder blamed on Microsoft Excel glitch
- UK gov abandons contact-tracing app in favour of Apple-Google API
- The IT Pro Podcast: Tech's coronavirus triumphs and tribulations
- The GSMA’s impractical ideas for contact-tracing reveal the scale of the challenge
- IT Pro Live: It's open under the cloud
- IT Pro Live: How Pro Football Focus became the NFL's secret weapon
- Data: A resource much too valuable to leave unprotected
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Get in touch with the podcast
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now