The IT Pro Podcast: Transforming air travel in a crisis
How the airline industry is using the pandemic to transform its IT
Of all the sectors impacted by the still-ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the air travel industry has been among the hardest hit. With international travel highly restricted and video conferences set to supplant a large amount of business meetings for the foreseeable future, the airline industry is having to re-assess its flight path.
Rather than sitting on its hands, however, the industry has been using this downtime to spin up a number of digital transformation initiatives, in the hope that when it does re-emerge, its operations will be more efficient, more cost-effective and more environmentally friendly. Joining us this week to discuss the sector’s plans is Pascal Buchner, CIO of the International Air Transport Association.
- What is digital transformation?
- Non voyage: Coronavirus, Brexit and the future of business travel
- Up in the air: Travel in the age of COVID-19
- Digital transformation? Don’t bother unless you plan to address risk
- How coronavirus has accelerated the digital transformation of Britain's public sector
- IT Pro Panel: The post-COVID future of tech conferences
- Why I’m getting cold feet over the lack of tech conferences
- Is the future of touchscreens touchless?
- What are biometrics?
- What is big data analytics?
- What is predictive analytics?
- Why predictive analytics is a top benefit of cloud for SMBs
- What is machine learning?
- Seven steps to GDPR compliance
- What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps for the enterprise
- The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
- The IT Pro Podcast: The wonderful world of containers
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now