The IT Pro Podcast: Transforming air travel in a crisis
How the airline industry is using the pandemic to transform its IT
Of all the sectors impacted by the still-ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the air travel industry has been among the hardest hit. With international travel highly restricted and video conferences set to supplant a large amount of business meetings for the foreseeable future, the airline industry is having to re-assess its flight path.
Rather than sitting on its hands, however, the industry has been using this downtime to spin up a number of digital transformation initiatives, in the hope that when it does re-emerge, its operations will be more efficient, more cost-effective and more environmentally friendly. Joining us this week to discuss the sector’s plans is Pascal Buchner, CIO of the International Air Transport Association.
- What is digital transformation?
- Non voyage: Coronavirus, Brexit and the future of business travel
- Up in the air: Travel in the age of COVID-19
- Digital transformation? Don’t bother unless you plan to address risk
- How coronavirus has accelerated the digital transformation of Britain's public sector
- IT Pro Panel: The post-COVID future of tech conferences
- Why I’m getting cold feet over the lack of tech conferences
- Is the future of touchscreens touchless?
- What are biometrics?
- What is big data analytics?
- What is predictive analytics?
- Why predictive analytics is a top benefit of cloud for SMBs
- What is machine learning?
- Seven steps to GDPR compliance
- What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps for the enterprise
- The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
- The IT Pro Podcast: The wonderful world of containers
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Defeating ransomware with unified security from WatchGuard
How SMBs can defend against the onslaught of ransomware attacksFree download
The IT expert’s guide to AI and content management
How artificial intelligence and machine learning could be critical to your businessFree download
The path to CX excellence
Four stages to thrive in the experience economyFree download
Becoming an experience-based business
Your blueprint for a strong digital foundationFree download