The IT Pro Podcast: Do we still need offices?
Have cloud software and collaboration tools rendered physical workplaces obsolete?
We’ve spoken a lot about workplace transformation over the last few years, whether it’s ‘the office of the future’, new collaboration technologies and SaaS tools enabling different ways of working, or new ultraportable devices enabling more mobility at work. But with so much technology allowing us to work productively from anywhere, do we even need offices at all any more?
In this episode, we look at the pros and cons of physical workspaces, examining the technology that helps us circumvent them and debating whether they still perform a necessary function for businesses.
Elsewhere, we discuss how drones are taking pointers from bees, Google’s addition of a mainframe migration business to its cloud portfolio, and the news that Dell Technologies is selling off RSA to a private equity consortium.
- Bee-based AI software could power next-generation drones
- Google adds migration tools with Cornerstone acquisition
- Dell sells RSA security business to private equity firm
- Benefits of flexible working (including for parents)
- What devices do you need for a flexible office?
- What does the future of work look like?
- Now is the time to embrace remote working
- Five ways the office is evolving for the future
- How digital workspaces are changing the way we work
- Telepresence for small businesses on a budget
- The Dos and Don’ts of collaboration
- Four tips for effective business collaboration
- IT Pro Panel: The loneliness of the long-distance worker
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The case for a marketing content hub
Transform your digital marketing to deliver customer expectationsDownload now
Fast, flexible and compliant e-signatures for global businesses
Be at the forefront of digital transformation with electronic signaturesDownload now
Why CEOS should care about the move to SAP S/4HANA
And how they can accelerate business valueDownload now
IT faces new security challenges in the wake of COVID-19
Beat the crisis by learning how to secure your networkDownload now