The IT Pro Podcast: Staying sane while working from home
With remote working set to continue, how can we avoid stress and burnout?
The trend towards remote working has been building up steam for some time now, but it’s been vastly accelerated by the worldwide lockdowns enacted to control coronavirus. As many workers dig in for several more months of working from home, we examine the toll it’s taking on our mental health and how staff and businesses can help support each other.
We discuss everything from the importance of a properly-equipped workspace and the tools necessary for proper collaboration, to the under-appreciated role of a tea break and a nice chat in maintaining mental wellbeing.
We also take a look at how tech giants’ flexible working policies are coping in the face of continued lockdowns, the UK House of Commons’ digital transformation push, and what happens when hackers hit a star-studded law firm.
Tech giants embrace remote working
- Twitter will let employees work from home indefinitely
- Facebook and Google extend remote working policies until next year
Hackers hit celebrity lawyers
House of Commons’ digital transformation journey continues
- House of Commons uses e-voting for the first time in history
- House of Commons to ditch Zoom in favour of British alternative
- Turn on, log in, burn out
- How can we protect the mental health of cyber security staff and CISOs?
- The dangers of nighttime Slacking
- The Dos and Don'ts of collaboration
- Life under lockdown – why we miss office work culture
- How do I best support my remote workers?
- Perfecting your remote working strategy
- Mind, the mental health charity
- NHS directory of mental health helplines
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Register for IT Pro Live
- Email the podcast
Five lessons learned from the pivot to a distributed workforce
Delivering continuity and scale with a remote work strategyDownload now
Connected experiences in a digital transformation
Enable businesses to meet the demands of the futureDownload now
Simplify to secure
Reduce complexity by integrating your security ecosystemDownload now
Enhance the safety and security of your people, assets and operations
Enable a true vision of security with an engineered solution based on hyperconverged and storage platformsDownload now