The IT Pro Podcast: COVID-proofing your startup
How can early-stage companies survive and thrive in the current climate?
How do you weather a storm like coronavirus when you’ve got a small staff, minimal cashflow and a fledgling business? That’s the question being faced by many of Britain’s startups, as they batten down the hatches and try to ride out the current turbulence.
This week, we speak to Andrew Roughan, managing director of Plexal - a London-based startup hub - about why startups are well-positioned to cope with the crisis, how co-working spaces can safely reopen and why the government needs to provide more support to struggling startups.
We also take a look at the latest developments in the ongoing spat between Huawei and the UK government, the new Thunderbolt 4 standard, and SUSE’s acquisition of Rancher Labs.
- SUSE acquires Kubernetes startup Rancher Labs
- Intel unveils Thunderbolt 4 as Apple confirms support in ARM-based Macs
- UK to ban Huawei from 5G networks 'within weeks'
- The IT Pro Podcast: Coding our way out of recession
- Amazon launches accelerator for UK startups and SMBs
- UK tech sector in a position of strength as lockdown lifts
- Tech startups to lead the UK out of lockdown, experts suggest
- Outreach: The startup that came back from the brink
- TLA: From Brexit to the coronavirus, startups need more support
- Startup sector bands together to help recently laid-off workers
- Almost 1,000 UK startups in trouble despite Future Fund support
- UK government announces £1 billion support package for startups
- Europe scrambles to rescue struggling tech startups
- What can the rest of the world learn from Silicon Valley?
- The UK is too cynical about trying new things, argues Slack CTO
- Startups should build not sell, says ex-Google exec
- Top tech considerations for startups
- What it takes to grow a unicorn
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Security analytics for your multi-cloud deployments
IBM Security QRadar SIEM solution briefDownload now
Five reasons to move to the cloud
Join the enterprises moving their workloads to the cloudDownload now
Architecting hybrid IT and edge for digital advantage
Why business leaders should consider a hybrid IT strategyDownload now
Six reasons to accelerate remote asset monitoring with AI
How to optimise resources, increase productivity, and grow profit margins with AIDownload now