The IT Pro Podcast: COVID-proofing your startup
How can early-stage companies survive and thrive in the current climate?
How do you weather a storm like coronavirus when you’ve got a small staff, minimal cashflow and a fledgling business? That’s the question being faced by many of Britain’s startups, as they batten down the hatches and try to ride out the current turbulence.
This week, we speak to Andrew Roughan, managing director of Plexal - a London-based startup hub - about why startups are well-positioned to cope with the crisis, how co-working spaces can safely reopen and why the government needs to provide more support to struggling startups.
We also take a look at the latest developments in the ongoing spat between Huawei and the UK government, the new Thunderbolt 4 standard, and SUSE’s acquisition of Rancher Labs.
- SUSE acquires Kubernetes startup Rancher Labs
- Intel unveils Thunderbolt 4 as Apple confirms support in ARM-based Macs
- UK to ban Huawei from 5G networks 'within weeks'
- The IT Pro Podcast: Coding our way out of recession
- Amazon launches accelerator for UK startups and SMBs
- UK tech sector in a position of strength as lockdown lifts
- Tech startups to lead the UK out of lockdown, experts suggest
- Outreach: The startup that came back from the brink
- TLA: From Brexit to the coronavirus, startups need more support
- Startup sector bands together to help recently laid-off workers
- Almost 1,000 UK startups in trouble despite Future Fund support
- UK government announces £1 billion support package for startups
- Europe scrambles to rescue struggling tech startups
- What can the rest of the world learn from Silicon Valley?
- The UK is too cynical about trying new things, argues Slack CTO
- Startups should build not sell, says ex-Google exec
- Top tech considerations for startups
- What it takes to grow a unicorn
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Four cyber security essentials that your board of directors wants to know
The insights to help you deliver what they needDownload now
Data: A resource much too valuable to leave unprotected
Protect your data to protect your companyDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now
Why CEOS should care about the move to SAP S/4HANA
And how they can accelerate business valueDownload now