The IT Pro Podcast: Going from startup to scale-up
How companies can overcome ‘second album syndrome’ as they grow
The perils of running a startup are often talked about, whether it’s trying to secure funding, marshalling the tech you need or establishing your go-to-market strategy - but no company can remain a startup forever. Eventually, every startup needs to try and grow beyond its current stage, undertaking the difficult journey to scale its operation without falling apart at the seams.
In many ways, the scale-up stage is the ‘tricky second album’ of corporate operations, and is fraught with new and distinct pitfalls than those faced by founders in the early days of a company’s lifecycle. This week, we’re joined by startup adviser and SmartDebit CIO and director Gavin Scruby, to discuss how companies can effectively meet the challenges of becoming a scale-up.
In this week’s news section, we look at what the theft of secret documents from former trade secretary Liam Fox says about data security practises, whether the new iMac represents good value for money, and the conviction of Uber’s self-driving maven Anthony Levandowski.
- Russia hacked Liam Fox's personal email to steal trade documents
- Apple updates 27in iMac with 10th-gen Intel CPUs and 1080p webcam
- Ex-Google engineer gets jail time for trade secrets theft
- How tech startups can present their best selves to investors
- Finding the right co-founder for your tech startup
- Tech startups to lead the UK out of lockdown, experts suggest
- The IT Pro Podcast: COVID-proofing your startup
- Top tech considerations for startups
- How to keep that startup culture as you grow
- The IT Pro Podcast: Coding our way out of recession
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now