The IT Pro Podcast: Looking back on 2020
We recap one of the strangest years in the history of tech
It’s not overstating matters to say that this year has been the most eventful and unusual in the history of IT. As the COVID-19 pandemic developed and spread, cloud technology was thrust to the forefront, providing the infrastructure to allow business to continue while workers isolated themselves in their homes and, in many ways, saving the day.
Aside from the pandemic and its manifold impacts, however, this year has been extremely eventful in other ways. We saw a flurry of high-profile corporate acquisitions, a series of government IT blunders and one of the most tumultuous US elections in living memory. In this special Christmas episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we take a look back over the year just gone and talk about what made it so eventful.
- The IT Pro Podcast: A post-COVID cloud future
- How can the cloud industry adapt to a post-COVID world?
- Coronavirus creates new challenges for women in tech (and every other industry)
- The IT Pro Podcast: What COVID-19 can teach us about open data
- Why COVID-19 could spur a learning revolution
- The IT Pro Podcast: Tech's coronavirus triumphs and tribulations
- How British business is weathering the coronavirus storm
- Why we're lucky COVID-19 has come now
- Xerox officially drops hostile bid for HP amid coronavirus crisis
- Is Nvidia’s takeover of Arm a threat to the UK tech industry?
- Salesforce escalates Microsoft rivalry with £20.7bn Slack acquisition
- Parliament's decision to axe the 'hybrid' House of Commons is a desperate mistake
- The A-level results crisis has once again shown the limits of AI
- The IT Pro Podcast: Is AI the snake oil of the 21st century?
- Apple unveils updated Mac lineup powered by its new M1 chip
- Apple MacBook Air (Apple M1, 2020) review: The world’s best ultraportable
- Trump's election defeat isn't going to get Huawei back in the UK
- Huawei revenue growth slows as US sanctions begin to bite
- Can the UK develop a 5G giant to take on Huawei?
- US TikTok and WeChat ban begins on Sunday
- Biden team signals president-elect may target Section 230 and data privacy
- The IT Pro Podcast: What does Joe Biden have in store for tech?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now