The IT Pro Podcast: Tech's coronavirus triumphs and tribulations
We examine the ups and downs of technology during the pandemic
COVID-19 has been challenging for every sector, but the technology industry has been particularly pivotal during this crisis. The adoption of SaaS tools and cloud collaboration platforms has enabled businesses to transition relatively seamlessly to working from home - something which would have been almost unthinkable ten years ago.
However, there have also been some distinctly less successful moments, such as the government’s faltering approach to developing a track-and-trace app in order to try and halt the spread of the virus. In this week’s episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we’re joined by staff writer and occasional guest host Keumars Afifi-Sabet to discuss the highs and lows of COVID-19’s effect on the technology sector.
- Bridging the data gap to digitise Britain’s railway system
- COVID Symptom Study
- How do I best support my remote workers?
- The best remote access software
- Zoom revenues up 355% in second quarter of 2020
- Zoom launches 'Zoom for Home' hardware for remote workers
- The coronavirus pandemic has transformed the workplace more than any disruptive technology
- How many call participants is too many?
- Coronavirus boosted the tech industry’s fortunes – will the recession undo it?
- The government’s contact tracing app was always going to be DOA
- Why we’re lucky COVID-19 has come now
- The coronavirus outbreak is the cloud's chance to shine
- For the desperate, the cloud is there, but the hardware is not
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Get in touch with the podcast
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now