The IT Pro Podcast: Is the sun setting on Silicon Valley?
As HPE and Oracle move their HQs east, we look at whether the Valley has lost its shine
Silicon Valley has long been the US tech industry’s ‘shining city on a hill’, building a seemingly unassailable reputation as the heartland of IT innovation. In recent weeks, however, HPE and Oracle have become the latest in a growing list of companies to announce that they will be moving their official headquarters out of the valley and into Texas.
But what does this mean for the west coast techno-utopia? Why are these companies suddenly getting cold feet, and will there be more to follow? In this episode, we look at the so-called Silicon Valley exodus, the possible reasons behind it, and whether Silicon Valley’s glory days are soon to be behind it.
- How Stanford University is putting humans at the centre of AI
- More widespread tech hubs means more innovation
- What can the rest of the world learn from Silicon Valley?
- What can Silicon Valley learn from the rest of the world?
- HPE becomes the latest tech firm to leave Silicon Valley
- Oracle joins exodus from Silicon Valley
- Starting afresh: Why startups will lead the new normal
- Finding the right co-founder for your tech startup
- How tech startups can present their best selves to investors
- 7 important tips for a successful tech startup
- Silicon Valley’s scandal hunters
- Silicon Valley 'Texit' Is Real: Here's Who's Going and Where
- San Francisco exodus is real, Nob Hill has the most move-outs
- Leaving San Francisco: will Covid-19 spark an exodus?
- California's latest effort to raise taxes on the wealthy could fuel Bay Area exodus
- US Postal Service Data Suggests Significant Population Decline in San Francisco
- New stats reveal massive NYC exodus amid coronavirus, crime
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Four strategies for building a hybrid workplace that works
All indications are that the future of work is hybrid, if it's not here alreadyFree webinar
The digital marketer’s guide to contextual insights and trends
How to use contextual intelligence to uncover new insights and inform strategiesFree Download
Ransomware and Microsoft 365 for business
What you need to know about reducing ransomware riskFree Download
Building a modern strategy for analytics and machine learning success
Turning into business valueFree Download