The IT Pro Podcast: Is the sun setting on Silicon Valley?
As HPE and Oracle move their HQs east, we look at whether the Valley has lost its shine
Silicon Valley has long been the US tech industry’s ‘shining city on a hill’, building a seemingly unassailable reputation as the heartland of IT innovation. In recent weeks, however, HPE and Oracle have become the latest in a growing list of companies to announce that they will be moving their official headquarters out of the valley and into Texas.
But what does this mean for the west coast techno-utopia? Why are these companies suddenly getting cold feet, and will there be more to follow? In this episode, we look at the so-called Silicon Valley exodus, the possible reasons behind it, and whether Silicon Valley’s glory days are soon to be behind it.
- How Stanford University is putting humans at the centre of AI
- More widespread tech hubs means more innovation
- What can the rest of the world learn from Silicon Valley?
- What can Silicon Valley learn from the rest of the world?
- HPE becomes the latest tech firm to leave Silicon Valley
- Oracle joins exodus from Silicon Valley
- Starting afresh: Why startups will lead the new normal
- Finding the right co-founder for your tech startup
- How tech startups can present their best selves to investors
- 7 important tips for a successful tech startup
- Silicon Valley’s scandal hunters
- Silicon Valley 'Texit' Is Real: Here's Who's Going and Where
- San Francisco exodus is real, Nob Hill has the most move-outs
- Leaving San Francisco: will Covid-19 spark an exodus?
- California's latest effort to raise taxes on the wealthy could fuel Bay Area exodus
- US Postal Service Data Suggests Significant Population Decline in San Francisco
- New stats reveal massive NYC exodus amid coronavirus, crime
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Next-generation time series: Forecasting for the real world, not the ideal world
Solve time series problems with AIFree download
The future of productivity
Driving your business forward with Microsoft Office 365Free download
How to plan for endpoint security against ever-evolving cyber threats
Safeguard your devices, data, and reputationFree download
A quantitative comparison of UPS monitoring and servicing approaches across edge environments
Effective UPS fleet managementFree download