The IT Pro Podcast: What does Joe Biden have in store for tech?
The president-elect faces a tough term ahead of him, and tech policy is sure to be on the agenda
The 2020 US presidential election has been one of the most divisive in recent memory, but after a seemingly endless wait for results, last Saturday saw Joe Biden predicted as the winner, and 46th president of the United States. Although current president Donald Trump still has three months left in the White House, the focus is now on the incoming leader and what his policy stances may be.
But how will a Biden administration approach the tech sector, and all the myriad social issues that intersect with it? Will the president-elect support calls from the likes of Senators Warren and Sanders to break up big tech companies? Will he reinstate Obama-era net neutrality laws repealed by the FCC under Trump? To discuss all these questions and more, we’re joined this week by IT Pro’s US managing editor Justin Cupler.
- What is the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)?
- The pros and cons of net neutrality
- US appeals court won't reconsider Net Neutrality repeal
- What is 5G and how far are we from rollout?
- What is the 5G health scare?
- Republican senators introduce legislation targeting Section 230
- CEOs of Facebook, Twitter and Google face Senate hearing
- DoJ charges Google with multiple antitrust violations
- Steve Ballmer would "bet money" that big tech won't be broken up
- Oracle and TikTok deal close, but ByteDance wants majority ownership
- The visa system is failing the tech industry
- President Trump extends Huawei ban through May 2021
- Election day 2020: Each presidential candidate’s stance on tech
- Biden win 'would be good for global tech'
- The IT Pro Podcast: Beating Trump on tech
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Four strategies for building a hybrid workplace that works
All indications are that the future of work is hybrid, if it's not here alreadyFree webinar
The digital marketer’s guide to contextual insights and trends
How to use contextual intelligence to uncover new insights and inform strategiesFree Download
Ransomware and Microsoft 365 for business
What you need to know about reducing ransomware riskFree Download
Building a modern strategy for analytics and machine learning success
Turning into business valueFree Download