The IT Pro Podcast: Is the future multi-cloud?
We discuss the rise of multi-cloud, what it means for businesses, and which providers don't like to share
Cloud computing is obviously here to stay; the economic benefits and improved flexibility of cloud architectures are well-documented, but more and more companies are choosing to move to multi-cloud architectures, rather than relying on a single provider.
In this episode, Adam and Jane are joined by staff writer Bobby Hellard to look at the growing multi-cloud trend, including what makes a solid multi-cloud architecture, why it’s growing so quickly and the benefits it can have for businesses, as well as looking ahead to AWS’ annual conference and what role (if any) multi-cloud is likely to play in its plans.
Elsewhere, we talk about why the Conservative party has resurrected its 2025 full-fibre pledge, Tim Berners-Lee’s efforts to fix the internet and whether facial recognition can save Uber’s London operations.
Conservative broadband plans
- Conservatives resurrect 2025 full-fibre promise in 2019 manifesto
- Why did the government's 2025 full-fibre dream fail?
- Labour pledges free broadband through Openreach nationalisation
Tim Berners-Lee wants to fix the internet
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee champions new rules designed to 'fix the internet'
- Tim Berners-Lee wants us to build a better World Wide Web
Uber loses its London operating licence
- What is Google Anthos?
- What is multi-cloud?
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud – what’s the difference?
- 85% of companies now operating in a multi-cloud environment
- Microsoft and Oracle bring multi-cloud alliance to the UK
- What to expect from AWS re:Invent
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now