The IT Pro Podcast: Is the future multi-cloud?
We discuss the rise of multi-cloud, what it means for businesses, and which providers don't like to share
Cloud computing is obviously here to stay; the economic benefits and improved flexibility of cloud architectures are well-documented, but more and more companies are choosing to move to multi-cloud architectures, rather than relying on a single provider.
In this episode, Adam and Jane are joined by staff writer Bobby Hellard to look at the growing multi-cloud trend, including what makes a solid multi-cloud architecture, why it’s growing so quickly and the benefits it can have for businesses, as well as looking ahead to AWS’ annual conference and what role (if any) multi-cloud is likely to play in its plans.
Elsewhere, we talk about why the Conservative party has resurrected its 2025 full-fibre pledge, Tim Berners-Lee’s efforts to fix the internet and whether facial recognition can save Uber’s London operations.
Conservative broadband plans
- Conservatives resurrect 2025 full-fibre promise in 2019 manifesto
- Why did the government's 2025 full-fibre dream fail?
- Labour pledges free broadband through Openreach nationalisation
Tim Berners-Lee wants to fix the internet
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee champions new rules designed to 'fix the internet'
- Tim Berners-Lee wants us to build a better World Wide Web
Uber loses its London operating licence
- What is Google Anthos?
- What is multi-cloud?
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud – what’s the difference?
- 85% of companies now operating in a multi-cloud environment
- Microsoft and Oracle bring multi-cloud alliance to the UK
- What to expect from AWS re:Invent
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now