The IT Pro Podcast: Building cloud-native apps
How IT teams can plan their development strategy for cloud success
The cloud is eating enterprise IT, and while on-premise applications are going to be around for a long time to come, the importance of being able to successfully take advantage of cloud technologies should not be understated. However, it’s one thing to simply port an existing application to the cloud, but developing software to be run in cloud environments is a different matter altogether.
In this week’s episode, Adam and guest host Keumars Afifi-Sabet talk to Red Hat senior solutions architect Erica Langhi, to find out how organisations need to adjust their thinking when developing for the cloud, which tools and processes are best-suited to the task, and how new technologies like containers and microservices are making the job easier than ever.
Elsewhere, we also discuss the ‘Fujiwhara’ of patches that IT professionals have been hit with this week, the public spat between Slack and Microsoft Teams, and the ongoing clash over the government’s controversial digital services tax.
- Microsoft patches three zero-day flaws under active attack
- Businesses brace for second 'Fujiwhara effect' of 2020 as Patch Tuesday looms
- Tech firms "using coronavirus crisis" to dodge digital services tax
- Slack boss snubs Microsoft Teams adoption figures
- What is DevOps?
- Why container tech is the backbone of DevOps
- The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
- The IT Pro Podcast: Does open source have a place in public sector IT?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Opening up to open source
- The IT Pro Podcast: The wonderful world of containers
- Getting started with Kubernetes
- Getting started with Docker
- Move over VMs, the future of app deployment is in containers
- Five obstacles holding back your hybrid cloud strategy
- How the enterprise can embrace hybrid cloud
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud – what's the difference?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Staying ahead of the game in the world of data
Create successful marketing campaigns by understanding your customers betterDownload now
Remote working 2020: Advantages and challenges
Discover how to overcome remote working challengesDownload now
Keep your data available with snapshot technology
Synology’s solution to your data protection problemDownload now
After the lockdown - reinventing the way your business works
Your guide to ensuring business continuity, no matter the crisisDownload now