The IT Pro Podcast: How to redesign a platform
TempCover CTO Marc Pell on how he rebuilt the company’s infrastructure from scratch
Getting the opportunity to reshape a company’s tech platform from the ground up is an exciting prospect, but it’s also one that brings with it no small amount of challenge. There are many aspects to consider, including infrastructure choices, scalability, maintenance and more, but pull it off and you can revolutionise an organisation’s operational capacity.
That’s exactly the task that Marc Pell was faced with when he started at insurance company TempCover six and a half years ago. Fast-forward to today, and he’s leading its technical vision as CTO. In this week’s episode, he joins us to explain how he went about reinventing the company’s tech stack and the opportunities it has offered.
Elsewhere, we look at how COVID-19 has kick-started a remote working revolution, the pending closure of high street institution Carphone Warehouse, and Microsoft’s latest developer-friendly acquisition.
- Telcos offer support amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus forces social media to rely heavily on AI moderation
- Microsoft Teams goes down as the world starts mass remote working
- The best time to prepare for remote working was six months ago
- Carphone Warehouse to close all standalone stores
- Microsoft plans to integrate npm with GitHub following acquisition
- The IT Pro Podcast: Do we still need offices?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Can tech survive Coronavirus?
- Benefits of flexible working (including for parents)
- Microsoft, not Amazon, is going to win the cloud wars
- Microsoft Azure review: Competitive cloud pricing takes a bite out of AWS
- Flexible vs agile working – what’s the difference?
- Microsoft Azure is a testament to Satya Nadella’s strategic nouse
- The IT Pro Podcast: Devops for fun and profit
- What is DevOps?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now