The IT Pro Podcast: How to build a data-driven business
We explore what goes into making an organisation truly data-enabled, and how to avoid the biggest pitfalls
Data, it would seem, is the new everything; depending on who you talk to, it's the new gold, the new oil, the new black or any number of different catchphrases. One thing is certain: data is an essential and growing part of modern business. But what does it take to build a truly data-informed, data-driven and data-enabled business?
In this week's episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we talk to Solarwinds Head Geek Thomas LaRock to find out what data businesses should be looking for, how they can get started with analysing it and how to identify some of the common pitfalls.
We also take a look at AWS' new CodeGuru tool - described by some as ‘Grammarly for code’ - and the news that Sergey Brin and Larry Page are leaving Alphabet, as well as the folding phone released by Pablo Escobar’s brother.
- Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin step down from Alphabet management
- AWS ramps up SageMaker tools at Re:Invent
- Pablo Escobar's brother launches budget foldable phone
- What is big data analytics?
- Using Big Data to transform business processes
- Data scientist jobs: Where does the big data talent gap lie?
- How to get hold of the data science talent your business needs
- How to measure data quality
- IT Pro Panel: Building a data-driven business
- Four ways CIOs can drive digital transformation
- Nine top GDPR tips for email marketing strategies
- Structured vs unstructured data management
- How to get data destruction right under GDPR
- What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Top 5 challenges of migrating applications to the cloud
Explore how VMware Cloud on AWS helps to address common cloud migration challengesDownload now
3 reasons why now is the time to rethink your network
Changing requirements call for new solutionsDownload now
All-flash buyer’s guide
Tips for evaluating Solid-State ArraysDownload now
Enabling enterprise machine and deep learning with intelligent storage
The power of AI can only be realised through efficient and performant delivery of dataDownload now