Windows Server 2012: Installation and setup
We show you how to get up and running with Windows Server 2012.
Microsoft has released six versions of its Windows Server software to date and the 2012 edition is the latest and greatest from Redmond. This step-by-step guide will detail the stages needed to install and run the server operating system.
The first thing you need to do is choose the right hardware. The minimum required processor is a 1.4GHz 64-bit x86 processor with 512MB of RAM and 32GB of disk space.
The greater the specification the faster the OS will run. It's also best to install it on hardware you know will be fit for purpose for the next 24 months at the very least.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware - currently reading
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Top 5 challenges of migrating applications to the cloud
Explore how VMware Cloud on AWS helps to address common cloud migration challengesDownload now
3 reasons why now is the time to rethink your network
Changing requirements call for new solutionsDownload now
All-flash buyer’s guide
Tips for evaluating Solid-State ArraysDownload now
Enabling enterprise machine and deep learning with intelligent storage
The power of AI can only be realised through efficient and performant delivery of dataDownload now