Windows Server 2012: Installation and setup
We show you how to get up and running with Windows Server 2012.
Microsoft has released six versions of its Windows Server software to date and the 2012 edition is the latest and greatest from Redmond. This step-by-step guide will detail the stages needed to install and run the server operating system.
The first thing you need to do is choose the right hardware. The minimum required processor is a 1.4GHz 64-bit x86 processor with 512MB of RAM and 32GB of disk space.
The greater the specification the faster the OS will run. It's also best to install it on hardware you know will be fit for purpose for the next 24 months at the very least.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware - currently reading
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
B2B under quarantine
Key B2C e-commerce features B2B need to adopt to surviveDownload now
The top three IT pains of the new reality and how to solve them
Driving more resiliency with unified operations and service managementDownload now
The five essentials from your endpoint security partner
Empower your MSP business to operate efficientlyDownload now
How fashion retailers are redesigning their digital future
Fashion retail guideDownload now