Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
Windows Server 2012 comes in two flavours, Standard and Datacenter
Windows Server 2012 comes in two flavours, Standard and Datacenter. The difference between the two is in hardware support and guest virtual machines.
For the purposes of this tutorial we will install the Standard edition. Also, this will be a new install so we won't concern ourselves with backing up applications and data.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server - currently reading
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
The essential guide to cloud-based backup and disaster recovery
Support business continuity by building a holistic emergency planDownload now
Trends in modern data protection
A comprehensive view of the data protection landscapeDownload now
How do vulnerabilities get into software?
90% of security incidents result from exploits against defects in softwareDownload now
Delivering the future of work - now
The CIO’s guide to building the unified digital workspace for today’s hybrid and multi-cloud strategies.Download now