Step 3: Configuring install options
It's possible to install Windows Server using a USB stick or traditional optical media. One of the first things to configure will be the language, currency, time and keyboard options,
A second dialogue box is displayed which shows an "Install Now" button. This needs to be clicked on to progress the install.
From here, you need to choose what type of installation to make. While Server Core has a very small footprint and good for usage where a GUI is not necessary, we shall install a full GUI with the server OS. Next click on the check box to accept the licence terms. Click next. As this will be a fresh install, we will choose "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)" as our option.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options - currently reading
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Activation playbook: Deliver data that powers impactful, game-changing campaigns
Bringing together data and technology to drive better business outcomesFree Download
In unpredictable times, a data strategy is key
Data processes are crucial to guide decisions and drive business growthFree Download
Achieving resiliency with Everything-as-a-Service (XAAS)
Transforming the enterprise IT landscapeFree Download
What is contextual analytics?
Creating more customer value in HR software applicationsFree Download