Step 3: Configuring install options
It's possible to install Windows Server using a USB stick or traditional optical media. One of the first things to configure will be the language, currency, time and keyboard options,
A second dialogue box is displayed which shows an "Install Now" button. This needs to be clicked on to progress the install.
From here, you need to choose what type of installation to make. While Server Core has a very small footprint and good for usage where a GUI is not necessary, we shall install a full GUI with the server OS. Next click on the check box to accept the licence terms. Click next. As this will be a fresh install, we will choose "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)" as our option.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options - currently reading
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now