Step 6: Server IP address configuration
With servers, it's always best to give them a static IP address when connecting to the network. This means that you have to set the appropriate server IP address as well as default gateway and domain name system. To do this, click on "Ethernet" and the Network Connection windows will open.
Choose the adaptor you wish to change the IP address on by double clicking on it. This will bring up the information page. Double-click on "Internet Protocol version 4". This will bring up another box where you can type in the correct details for your server's address.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration - currently reading
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Managing security risk and compliance in a challenging landscape
How key technology partners grow with your organisationDownload now
Evaluate your order-to-cash process
15 recommended metrics to benchmark your O2C operationsDownload now
AI 360: Hold, fold, or double down?
How AI can benefit your businessDownload now
Getting started with Azure Red Hat OpenShift
A developer’s guide to improving application building and deployment capabilitiesDownload now