Step 6: Server IP address configuration
With servers, it's always best to give them a static IP address when connecting to the network. This means that you have to set the appropriate server IP address as well as default gateway and domain name system. To do this, click on "Ethernet" and the Network Connection windows will open.
Choose the adaptor you wish to change the IP address on by double clicking on it. This will bring up the information page. Double-click on "Internet Protocol version 4". This will bring up another box where you can type in the correct details for your server's address.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration - currently reading
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
The essential guide to cloud-based backup and disaster recovery
Support business continuity by building a holistic emergency planDownload now
Trends in modern data protection
A comprehensive view of the data protection landscapeDownload now
How do vulnerabilities get into software?
90% of security incidents result from exploits against defects in softwareDownload now
Delivering the future of work - now
The CIO’s guide to building the unified digital workspace for today’s hybrid and multi-cloud strategies.Download now