Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Unleashing the power of AI initiatives with the right infrastructure
What key infrastructure requirements are needed to implement AI effectively?Download now
Achieve today. Plan tomorrow. Making the hybrid multi-cloud journey
A Veritas webinar on implementing a hybrid multi-cloud strategyDownload now
A buyer’s guide for cloud-based phone solutions
Finding the right phone system for your modern businessDownload now
The workers' experience report
How technology can spark motivation, enhance productivity and strengthen securityDownload now