Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download