Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
How inkjet can transform your business
Get more out of your business by investing in the right printing technologyDownload now
Journey to a modern workplace with Office 365: which tools and when?
A guide to how Office 365 builds a modern workplaceDownload now
Modernise and transform your sales organisation
Learn how a modernised sales process can drive your businessDownload now
Your guide to managing cloud transformation risk
Realise the benefits. Mitigate the risksDownload now