Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
What you need to know about migrating to SAP S/4HANA
Factors to assess how and when to begin migrationDownload now
Your enterprise cloud solutions guide
Infrastructure designed to meet your company's IT needs for next-generation cloud applicationsDownload now
Testing for compliance just became easier
How you can use technology to ensure compliance in your organisationDownload now
Best practices for implementing security awareness training
How to develop a security awareness programme that will actually change behaviourDownload now