Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
B2B under quarantine
Key B2C e-commerce features B2B need to adopt to surviveDownload now
The top three IT pains of the new reality and how to solve them
Driving more resiliency with unified operations and service managementDownload now
The five essentials from your endpoint security partner
Empower your MSP business to operate efficientlyDownload now
How fashion retailers are redesigning their digital future
Fashion retail guideDownload now