Step 7: Server updates
As with the desktop version, Windows Server 2012 is given a plethora of regular updates. Larger organisations tend to check updates on a test server before rolling them out to a production environment. But others can set the server to roll out updates automatically.
To do this, go to the Server Manager, click on the "Not Configured" link next to Windows Update. This will show the Windows Update box. Click on "Turn On Automatic Updates" button. This will make the server download and update the operating system automatically.
There is another option to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them", which may be more appropriate to install updates during planned server maintenance.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates - currently reading
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
The essential guide to cloud-based backup and disaster recovery
Support business continuity by building a holistic emergency planDownload now
Trends in modern data protection
A comprehensive view of the data protection landscapeDownload now
How do vulnerabilities get into software?
90% of security incidents result from exploits against defects in softwareDownload now
Delivering the future of work - now
The CIO’s guide to building the unified digital workspace for today’s hybrid and multi-cloud strategies.Download now