Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
Setting up the Remote Desktop means that you can access the server as if you were in front of it.
To enable this, open the Charm Bar by moving the mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Click on the settings button (the cog icon). Click on "Server Info".
The System dialogue box should appear. Click on "Advanced System Settings" when the "Systems Properties" box appears then click on the "Remote" tab. Select "Allow Remote Connections to this Computer". If needed, check "Allow connection only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended).
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop - currently reading
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
What you need to know about migrating to SAP S/4HANA
Factors to assess how and when to begin migrationDownload now
Your enterprise cloud solutions guide
Infrastructure designed to meet your company's IT needs for next-generation cloud applicationsDownload now
Testing for compliance just became easier
How you can use technology to ensure compliance in your organisationDownload now
Best practices for implementing security awareness training
How to develop a security awareness programme that will actually change behaviourDownload now