Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
Setting up the Remote Desktop means that you can access the server as if you were in front of it.
To enable this, open the Charm Bar by moving the mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Click on the settings button (the cog icon). Click on "Server Info".
The System dialogue box should appear. Click on "Advanced System Settings" when the "Systems Properties" box appears then click on the "Remote" tab. Select "Allow Remote Connections to this Computer". If needed, check "Allow connection only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended).
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop - currently reading
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Next-generation time series: Forecasting for the real world, not the ideal world
Solve time series problems with AIFree download
The future of productivity
Driving your business forward with Microsoft Office 365Free download
How to plan for endpoint security against ever-evolving cyber threats
Safeguard your devices, data, and reputationFree download
A quantitative comparison of UPS monitoring and servicing approaches across edge environments
Effective UPS fleet managementFree download