Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
Setting up the Remote Desktop means that you can access the server as if you were in front of it.
To enable this, open the Charm Bar by moving the mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Click on the settings button (the cog icon). Click on "Server Info".
The System dialogue box should appear. Click on "Advanced System Settings" when the "Systems Properties" box appears then click on the "Remote" tab. Select "Allow Remote Connections to this Computer". If needed, check "Allow connection only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended).
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop - currently reading
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Staying ahead of the game in the world of data
Create successful marketing campaigns by understanding your customers betterDownload now
Remote working 2020: Advantages and challenges
Discover how to overcome remote working challengesDownload now
Keep your data available with snapshot technology
Synology’s solution to your data protection problemDownload now
After the lockdown - reinventing the way your business works
Your guide to ensuring business continuity, no matter the crisisDownload now