Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
Setting up the Remote Desktop means that you can access the server as if you were in front of it.
To enable this, open the Charm Bar by moving the mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Click on the settings button (the cog icon). Click on "Server Info".
The System dialogue box should appear. Click on "Advanced System Settings" when the "Systems Properties" box appears then click on the "Remote" tab. Select "Allow Remote Connections to this Computer". If needed, check "Allow connection only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended).
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop - currently reading
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now