Step 9: Activating the OS
As with most Microsoft software, you have to activate the OS. Once again, the Server Manager has an option to do this. Click on this and enter the product key you've been supplied with. The server is now up and running on your network.
After the server is up and running the next step is to choose what role this server will play in infrastructure. These will be looked in greater detail in future tutorials.
In This Article
- 1Step 1: Choosing the right hardware
- 2Step 2: Pick the right version of Windows Server
- 3Step 3: Configuring install options
- 4Step 4: Installing the OS
- 5Step 5: Server management and configuration
- 6Step 6: Server IP address configuration
- 7Step 7: Server updates
- 8Step 8: Setting up Remote desktop
- 9Step 9: Activating the OS - currently reading