Windows 10 Consumer Preview event: Live blog
Windows 10 will be FREE for Windows 7 & 8 users during the first year
The Windows 10 Consumer Preview has been previewed by Microsoft. The operating system will launch later this year and will be available free during the first 365 days for existing Windows 7/8 users.
Key features revealed so far:
- Cortana will be built into PCs and mobile devices as standard.
- Windows Phone 10 will be optimised to use on screens which are 8in in size and below.
- Microsoft will launch "Universal apps" including Office and Outlook, which will be touch optimised.
- The Spartan web browser will allow users to annotate any web page.
- Microsoft announced Windows Holographic - software designed specifically to build 3D holograms via the firm's HoloLens.
- The firm also debuted an 84in touch screen system called the Surface Hub specifically designed for enterprise use.
- CEO Satya Nadella said the firm was also working on a Windows RT update and that pricing for Windows 10 after the first year had yet to be finalised, during a brief Q&A at the end of the launch.
B2B under quarantine
Key B2C e-commerce features B2B need to adopt to surviveDownload now
The top three IT pains of the new reality and how to solve them
Driving more resiliency with unified operations and service managementDownload now
The five essentials from your endpoint security partner
Empower your MSP business to operate efficientlyDownload now
How fashion retailers are redesigning their digital future
Fashion retail guideDownload now