The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
How to successfully build a DevOps practice to supercharge your software development
Software development is changing. Instead of separate, siloed development, operations and testing teams working in isolation on different elements of massive, monolithic applications, companies are adopting newer and more agile methods, using DevOps practises to build cloud-native applications in a faster and more effective manner.
This journey isn’t always easy, though and many organisations find it challenging to spin up a successful DevOps competency at enterprise scale. In this week’s IT Pro Podcast, we’re joined by Jon Topper, founder and CEO of The Scale Factory, to learn more about how enterprises can make their cloud deployments a success and implement DevOps methodologies to supercharge their development lifecycles.
Elsewhere, we take a look at a rather embarrassing Microsoft data leak, Glenn Greenwald’s arrest for alleged cybercrimes in Brazil, and IBM’s financial reversal of fortunes.
- Misconfigured security command exposes 250 million Microsoft customer records
- Journalist Glenn Greenwald charged with cyber crimes in Brazil
- Cloud fuels IBM’s first quarter of growth since 2018
- What is DevOps?
- Why container tech is the backbone of DevOps
- DevOps salaries increase as businesses embrace new ways of working
- Is the tech skills shortage holding back DevOps growth?
- What is agile development?
- Agile vs waterfall
- What is DevSecOps and why is it important?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now