The IT Pro Podcast: Hot hardware
We take a look at how device usage has changed during the pandemic
For those of us who don’t get excited over teraflops and motherboard specifications, hardware is just something that we use to get our jobs done, and up until last year, most of us probably didn’t think too much about the devices we use at work. COVID-19, however, threw all of that into sharp relief, as mass remote working suddenly made having the right hardware setup a crucial enabler.
Laptops, webcams and headsets were suddenly a hot commodity, and moving to a non-office environment exposed the cracks in many organisations’ client-device strategy. In this episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we take a look at how we use devices, the impact of the pandemic, and what we’ve learned about our own hardware preferences.
- The dangers of nighttime Slacking
- I hate how much I love my second monitor
- How do I best support my remote workers?
- How to connect one, two or more monitors to your laptop, including USB Type-C
- Upskilling a remote workforce
- Why COVID-19 could spur a learning revolution
- Dell and HP Q3 results buoyed by pandemic PC surge
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
B2B under quarantine
Key B2C e-commerce features B2B need to adopt to surviveDownload now
The top three IT pains of the new reality and how to solve them
Driving more resiliency with unified operations and service managementDownload now
The five essentials from your endpoint security partner
Empower your MSP business to operate efficientlyDownload now
How fashion retailers are redesigning their digital future
Fashion retail guideDownload now