The IT Pro Podcast Profile: What’s cooking with Nvidia?
We look at why Nvidia is about much more than just gaming
If you’ve spent any time around the PC gaming community in the last thirty years, then you’re almost certainly familiar with Nvidia’s Geforce graphics cards. What you may not now, however, is that the company is also strongly focused on solving next-generation computing challenges - and has been since it was first founded.
In this episode, we take a look at Nvidia’s history, its business model and its strategy, including why it’s focusing on AI development, what it plans to do with recently-acquired ARM, and why CEO Jensen Huang should be on next year’s Bake Off.
- Nvidia is officially buying Arm for $40 billion
- Nvidia to build ‘UK’s most powerful supercomputer’
- Nvidia launches AI platform to boost video conferencing
- Nvidia ready to take on Intel in the data centre market
- Nvidia overtakes Intel as most valuable US chipmaker
- What is a GPU?
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti review: The future's not here yet
- AWS launches next-gen GPU instances for machine learning
- NVIDIA launches new GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards with 8K gaming
- Should we stop selling the crown jewels of tech?
- Nvidia's new GPUs can handle real-time ray tracing
- SETI boosted by nVidia CUDA tech
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Get in touch with the podcast
Four strategies for building a hybrid workplace that works
All indications are that the future of work is hybrid, if it's not here alreadyFree webinar
The digital marketer’s guide to contextual insights and trends
How to use contextual intelligence to uncover new insights and inform strategiesFree Download
Ransomware and Microsoft 365 for business
What you need to know about reducing ransomware riskFree Download
Building a modern strategy for analytics and machine learning success
Turning into business valueFree Download