The IT Pro Podcast: When bots go bad
Chatbots may be the future, but they’re no substitute for genuine intelligence
The growing field of AI development has brought us many wonderful advances, but one of the areas in which it’s becoming most visible is customer service. Chatbots have now become so ubiquitous that it’s often difficult to get through to a real person at all.
However, while chatbots are faster and more convenient than a human operator, in theory, the reality is often somewhat less than ideal. In this episode, we’re exploring why chatbots can be so frustrating to interact with, how to make them more useful, and the role they’ll play in the future of customer experience.
- What is a chatbot?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Thinking differently about security
- Eight arrested over Royal Mail ‘smishing’ scam
- Is AI making us lazy?
- What is the 'personalisation of IT'?
- 10 quick tips for identifying phishing emails
- The IT Pro Podcast: Can AI ever be ethical?
- Is a bot your next employee?
- The ethical implications of conversational AI
- Tweet of the Living Dead
- How Bank of America uses AI to improve customer service and take on competitors
- What is VoIP? How to choose the perfect system
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download