The IT Pro Podcast: How can SMBs make cloud cost effective?
Top tips for smaller businesses that want to get the most out of the cloud
Cloud computing is often touted as one of the most efficient ways to run an IT operation within businesses – especially those on the small and medium end of the scale. But it doesn’t come without its own pitfalls, and finding the right platform and partners to help you manage your cloud journey can be more difficult than it first seems.
In this week’s episode of The IT Pro Podcast, Jane and Adam are joined by Alex Hilton, chief executive of the Cloud Industry Forum, to talk about how SMBs can navigate the cloud landscape, what level of skills they need and how to avoid mounting costs.
We also discuss a lawsuit filed against Oracle for alleged cloud coercion, Keith Block’s sudden departure from Salesforce, and Katherine Johnson, the NASA mathematician who died this week at the age of 101.
- Oracle accused of coercing customers into cloud migrations
- Salesforce co-chief Keith Block steps down
- Trailblazing NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies at 101
- Why predictive analytics is a top benefit of cloud for SMBs
- Cloud storage: How secure are Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and iCloud?
- What to look for in a secure cloud system
- Four ways the cloud facilitates workplace collaboration
- Five cloud-based tools your business needs
- Build your own cloud infrastructure with Nextcloud and Collabora
- How to build a cloud-based IP PBX telephony system
- Managing the cloud money pit
- Our 5-minute guide to enterprise cloud computing
- How the enterprise can embrace hybrid cloud
- Buyer’s guide to cloud file sharing
- Microsoft, not Amazon, is going to win the cloud wars
- SaaS is about more than monthly subscriptions
- The IT Pro Podcast: Is the future multi-cloud?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Do we still need offices?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Staying ahead of the game in the world of data
Create successful marketing campaigns by understanding your customers betterDownload now
Remote working 2020: Advantages and challenges
Discover how to overcome remote working challengesDownload now
Keep your data available with snapshot technology
Synology’s solution to your data protection problemDownload now
After the lockdown - reinventing the way your business works
Your guide to ensuring business continuity, no matter the crisisDownload now