The IT Pro Podcast: How digital transformation powers Team GB
We find out how Britain’s Olympic team and others are using software to drive efficiency
Digital transformation has become a top priority for companies, but many organisations – particularly larger ones – are finding it’s easier said than done. For big, established businesses breaking down the silos that have developed within their company often proves difficult, while smaller organisations struggle to establish processes that work in a smooth and effective way for the future of the business.
This is the problem that Solis Digital aims to solve. Co-founded by former professional footballer Jordan Watson, the boutique digital transformation consultancy helps companies use custom apps to drive business efficiency and has worked on projects with organisations including Rolls Royce, the FA and Team GB. We sat down with Watson to find out how these organisations are benefiting from digital transformation, and the challenges they’re facing in the process.
We also look at what impact this year’s recently-announced budget will have on the tech sector, the accidentally-announced security flaw in Microsoft’s SMB software, and the launch of several new Kubernetes management tools from VMware.
- Conservatives resurrect 2025 full-fibre promise in 2019 manifesto
- IR35 news: FTSE 100 companies accused of "demonising" self-employed contractors
- 10 amazing DARPA inventions
- Microsoft accidentally leaks details on a wormable SMB flaw
- What is WannaCry?
- VMware launches vSphere 7 and Tanzu container management tools
- What is digital transformation?
- Five reasons why digital transformation is essential for business growth
- How data can help SMBs with digital transformation
- Four ways CIOs can drive digital transformation
- Five digital transformation tips for HR
- How automation can help digital transformation
- Businesses undeterred from pursuing digital transformation, despite pervasive setbacks and failures
- Digital transformation? Don’t bother unless you plan to address risk
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The case for a marketing content hub
Transform your digital marketing to deliver customer expectationsDownload now
Fast, flexible and compliant e-signatures for global businesses
Be at the forefront of digital transformation with electronic signaturesDownload now
Why CEOS should care about the move to SAP S/4HANA
And how they can accelerate business valueDownload now
IT faces new security challenges in the wake of COVID-19
Beat the crisis by learning how to secure your networkDownload now