The IT Pro Podcast: Navigating Brexit data transfers
The transition period is over – what happens now?
On 31 December 2020, the UK’s Brexit transition period came to a close, taking us firmly out of the EU. Many issues have been raised over the flow of goods between Britain and its former partners, but the flow of data is a different matter altogether. Data has become an intrinsic part of modern business and with previous rules on international data transfers now at risk of irrelevancy, many organisations are considering how they can adjust their data practices to avoid falling foul of regulators.
With many elements of international data law still up in the air pending various legal cases and policy decisions, we’re joined by Bart Willemsen, VP at Gartner specialising in privacy, to discuss the current regulatory environment and how businesses can prepare themselves for any changes that might be on the way.
- GDPR and Brexit: How will one affect the other?
- Brexit could cost UK firms £1.6bn if data-sharing agreement isn’t reached
- UK data laws after Brexit: Your questions answered
- Facebook will move UK users' data to the US post-Brexit
- The IT Pro Podcast: Cyber security post-Brexit
- EU fires warning shot to UK over post-Brexit US data-sharing
- UK's post-Brexit data deals 'will go further than EU ever could'
- Your guide to overcoming Brexit's data management challenges
- CMA seeks to fill post-Brexit regulatory void as it eyes big tech
- Border force reliant on 26-year-old tech due to digital upgrade delay
- What is EU-US Privacy Shield?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Virtual desktops and apps for dummies
An easy guide to virtual desktop infrastructure, end-user computing, and moreDownload now
The total economic impact of optimising and managing your hybrid multi-cloud
Cost savings and business benefits of accelerating the cloud journeyDownload now
A buyer’s guide for cloud-based phone solutions
Finding the right phone system for your modern businessDownload now
What’s next for the education sector?
A new learning experienceDownload now