Keep yourself protected with our list of the best security suites
With more malware lurking in the shadows than ever before, it’s critical that you keep yourself safe
The malware threat is more insidious than ever. If you’re not properly protected, you may not know you’ve been hit until dodgy-looking transactions start appearing on your online shopping accounts, or an alert pops up warning that your files have been encrypted. Simply being careful online is no longer good enough – not that it ever was.
Fortunately, as we all know, security software isn’t something you necessarily need to spend money on. A decent degree of protection is built right into Windows 10, and there are copious providers promising to keep you safe for free.
With so much at stake, though, the question is whether opting for a free suite is a false economy – especially when some paid-for suites can be had for almost nugatory sums. Alongside the free options this month, we test a whole spread of commercial security software at prices ranging from just £7 up to £50 per annum.
So if you’ve been wondering whether it’s worth paying a premium for high-end protection, or whether you’re just as well off with a cheap or free solution, you’ll find the answer on the following pages. Read on to discover which products will keep you safe on a tight budget, and which struggle to justify their price tags.
In This Article
- 1Keep yourself protected with our list of the best security suites - currently reading
- 2Bitdefender Internet Security 2020 review: One of the most effective security suites around
- 3Avast Free Antivirus review: Pushy but protective
- 4Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 review: Fast, cheap and accurate
- 5Norton 360 Deluxe review: Stands out from the crowd
- 6Windows Defender review: An average default option
- 7AVG Antivirus Free review: Oddly familiar
- 8BullGuard Internet Security review: Cheap, but not necessarily good value
- 9Avira Antivirus Pro review: Too costly to justify
- 10Eset Internet Security review: Questionable defences
- 11F-Secure SAFE review: A mediocre suite with no killer features
- 12McAfee Total Protection review: Improved, but not outstanding
- 13G Data Internet Security review: In case of emergency, avoid
- 14Panda Free Antivirus review: A very tempting AV option
- 15Trend Micro Internet Security review: Uncompromising virus protection
Navigating the new normal: A fast guide to remote working
A smooth transition will support operations for years to comeDownload now
Leading the data race
The trends driving the future of data scienceDownload now
How to create 1:1 customer experiences at scale
Meet the technology capable of delivering the personalisation your customers craveDownload now
How to achieve daily SAP releases
Accelerate the pace of SAP change to support your digital strategyDownload now