The IT Pro Podcast: Breaking out of the security bubble
Just Eat CISO says Infosec professionals need to stop preaching to the choir
It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that there’s still a substantial gulf within most organisations between security and the rest of the business. This can be problematic when trying to establish a strong security culture throughout a company and closing this gap is essential for building sustainable security.
But discussing the problem with other cyber security practitioners and at security events is, in many respects, preaching to the choir. In this episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we speak to Kevin Fielder, CISO at Just Eat, about how infosec professionals can break out of the security bubble and start spreading this message to other departments and embedding a wider culture of security.
In other news, we also discuss the historic cancellation of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona due to fears over Coronavirus, the decision by MPs that the UK doesn’t need a dedicated AI regulator, and the formal charging of four members of the Chinese military over their alleged involvement in the 2017 Equifax hack.
- Mobile World Congress cancelled amid coronavirus crisis
- MPs claim AI 'doesn't need' a new regulator
- US indicts four Chinese military officials over Equifax hack
- Kevin Fielder on LinkedIn
- How to build a comprehensive cyber security strategy
- Is your company taking enough accountability on cyber security?
- What is DevSecOps and why is it important?
- Our 5-minute guide to security awareness training
- Ethics of red team security testing questioned in new report
- Stories from the front line: The secrets of the Red Team revealed
- Who should take ownership of your cyber security strategy?
- What does a CISO do?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Digital Risk Report 2020
A global view into the impact of digital transformation on risk and security managementDownload now
6 ways your business could suffer if you don’t backup Office 365
Office 365 makes it easy to lose valuable data regularly, unpredictably, unintentionally, and for goodDownload now
Get the best out of your workforce
7 steps to unleashing their true potential with robotic process automationDownload now
8 digital best practices for IT professionals
Don't leave anything to chance when going digitalDownload now