The IT Pro Podcast: Turning developers into craftspeople
Making software is about much more than pushing code, explains Raspberry Pi founder Eben Upton
Software is eating the world, and the developers who build it have been called ‘the new kingmakers’ – but creating a truly engaged dev team is about much more than just finding people who are able to hammer out code. The best development organisations are made up of brilliant, passionate individuals for whom programming isn’t just a job, but a craft.
In this episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we’re joined by Eben Upton, founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, to discuss whether old devs can learn new tricks, how Raspberry Pi’s development team has grown beyond his expectations, and why the best developers are the ones that make your decisions for you.
- Software developers versus software engineers
- How to become a software developer
- Raspberry Pi: Top projects to try yourself
- What is the Raspberry Pi Pico?
- Raspberry Pi 400 review: The ultimate portable Pi
- IT Pro Live: One year of Raspberry Pi 4
- The ultimate guide to becoming a programmer
- The IT Pro Podcast: Picking a programming language
- The IT Pro Podcast: Why everyone should be using TypeScript
- What is open source?
- 7 skills you need to become a front-end developer
- Retrain to be a software developer to future-proof your career
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The definitive guide to warehouse efficiency
Get your free guide to creating efficiencies in the warehouseFree download
The total economic impact™ of Datto
Cost savings and business benefits of using Datto Integrated SolutionsDownload now
Three-step guide to modern customer experience
Support the critical role CX plays in your businessFree download
The global state of the channelDownload now