HP Go Global Awards shortlist announced
British businesses that are looking to spread their wings.
The HP Go Global Awards celebrate and showcase UK SMBs that have, or are planning to break into the international export market. The awards have attracted businesses from a broad spectrum of sectors, all with a common goal in mind conquering the world!
The Breakthrough Exporter of the Year award is open to SMBs that have successfully broken into the export market within the past five years. The Next Breakthrough Exporter of the Year award is open to SMBs that demonstrate the best market strategy for cracking a new export market within the coming year.
HP and its panel of expert judges have now made their initial decisions, creating shortlists for both awards.
The two finalists for the Breakthrough Exporter of the Year award will both be embarking on the Enterprise Nation Go Global mission to China.
- Sefaira A software company specialising in cloud-based computing solutions for high-performance building design.
- Kit for Kids An education supplies company providing parents, schools and nurseries with the tools to care for children, aid their development, and nurture growth.
The shortlist for the Next Breakthrough Exporter of the Year is as diverse as it is innovative.
- Just Park A pre-bookable parking provider.
- Coniq A loyalty marketing software company.
- Ormsbury Street A data and insight provider for small businesses.
- Popagami A company producing children's origami designs.
- Eyetease A digital media company creating taxi-based broadcast and advertising.
- Turtle Tots A company providing pre-natal aqua yoga and children's swimming lessons.
Each of the companies on the shortlist will be invited to pitch their plans to the expert panel, with the four that most impress the judges, winning a place on the Enterprise Nation Go Global mission to China.
"It can be a huge challenge for small UK businesses to crack the global market and it's crucial that they are supported and given every opportunity when it means the most. We're delighted to announce our first two shortlisted businesses who have impressively cracked the export market and won places on Go Global's mission to China, congratulations to Sefaira and Kit for Kids.
"We now welcome the further 6 shortlisted businesses aiming to break into the export market and look forward to their pitches next week, as they compete to join Sefaira and Kit for Kids on Go Global's mission to China," said Susan Bowen, Chief of Staff, HP, UK & Ireland.
The two overall winners will also receive a host of HP IT equipment to help take their businesses to the next level, along with invaluable training, mentoring and 12-months membership to techUK.
UPDATE: The four finalists for the Next Breakthrough Exporter of the Year category have now been selected. JustPark, Coniq, Eyetease and Turtle Tots will all be joining Sefaira and Kit for Kids on the Enterprise Nation Go Global mission to China. The two overall winners of the Go Global Awards will be announced on Friday 04 September 2015.