The IT Pro Podcast: Can technology make us more than human?
Human augmentation tech is closer than ever - but it’s not business-ready just yet
“We can rebuild him. We have the technology.” From Robocop to the Six Million Dollar Man, popular fiction has fantasised for years about the potential possibilities of augmenting human capabilities with technology to make us faster, stronger and more intelligent.
Recent improvements in fields like robotics, prosthetics and artificial intelligence have brought that dream closer than ever to being a reality - but what does human augmentation really mean? Where do we draw the line between tools and augmentations? And what function - if any - can they serve in a practical business context? In this week’s episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we look at the emerging field of augmentation tech, the biohacking and transhumanist subcultures, and how close we really are to brain chips and bionic eyeballs.
- Should human augmentation technology be regulated?
- What is Neuralink?
- IT Pro 20/20: The future of augmentation
- The tech helping us live longer
- Changing the Games: Why Tokyo 2020 will be the most technologically advanced Olympics yet
- Robots are supposed to steal our jobs – so why haven't they during the coronavirus crisis?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The definitive guide to warehouse efficiency
Get your free guide to creating efficiencies in the warehouseFree download
The total economic impact™ of Datto
Cost savings and business benefits of using Datto Integrated SolutionsDownload now
Three-step guide to modern customer experience
Support the critical role CX plays in your businessFree download
The global state of the channelDownload now