The IT Pro Podcast: Digital stagnation in a post-COVID world
The pandemic supercharged digital transformation, but what happens now?
We all know how drastically COVID has up-ended normal working practices. Organisations had to radically rethink their strategies around digital business, remote working and much more. But after 18 months of breakneck digital transformation, what happens now?
In this episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we’re looking at whether organisations should continue building on the efforts of the last year, or whether it’s time to step back and take a break from digital transformation.
“There's a bit of a misconception that collaboration software, and Slack, and Teams, and all of those platforms are built for facilitating remote working, which is not entirely true. They are great for remote working, and for enabling remote workers to connect with their fellow colleagues. But they're also really good for in-office collaboration, because while talking over the desk, for example, is great and an excellent way to collaborate and whatnot, the ability to rapidly communicate with even other people within the same office, in different departments, to share files and folders, to ping over links, to collaboratively work on documents. All of that stuff works equally well, whether you're based on the next desk over or in another country.”
“I think it's a totally legitimate attitude for everyone to want to take a bit of a break; not a permanent break, but just take a pause, and actually assess the lay of the land. What's working? What isn't? What of our previous digital transformation plan has been implemented? What hasn't? Is it still relevant, the stuff that we didn't put in place yet?”
- Remote working: Are you ready for the new normal?
- Three keys to a long-term remote working strategy
- UK gov flip-flops on remote work, wants it a standard for all jobs
- SMBs rethinking return to office amid Delta surge
- How LSE is using digital technology to shape the future of higher education
- How to manage people successfully from a distance
- How COVID accelerated Kreston Reeves’ agile transformation
- The IT Pro Podcast: Will we ever go back to the office?
- Out of office - on forever: Meet the companies leaving the office for good
- Assessing your cloud strategy after COVID
- Neo digital transformation
- UK's growing skills gap could stall COVID recovery
- Five reasons why digital transformation is essential for business growth
- COVID-19 has sped up digital transformation efforts
- How to spot a failing digital transformation project
- Even cutting-edge firms need digital transformation
- Cutting through the red tape of government IT
- AWS warns of the dangers of digital stagnation post-pandemic
- Using digital transformation to thrive rather than survive
- UK the 'most digitally advanced country in Europe'
- Seven steps to successful digital innovation and transformation
- Why IT projects fail and how to make yours a success
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download